One of the best things about making kale salad is that it’s hearty, so it lasts much longer than other green leafy salads. This recipe will make you a large enough salad so you can enjoy leftovers for a couple days. I almost prefer the salad the following day – the flavours and the dressing have had lots of time to marinate & soften the kale. Check out my favourite summer detox salad recipe here by Lesly Stovan!
- Make a big batch of spiced walnuts and keep them in a container on-hand, so they are ready to-go whenever you need them.
- Might sound silly – but I love this salad with field cucumbers, not long English – peel them, and take the seeds out. Don’t know why – but for me, makes a difference.
- Leave the shallots out.
- Gala apples are by far the best.
- This recipe makes a lot of dressing. Just over half in the salad and then save the rest in a mason jar for use later!
- Put the dressing on well before you serve it so that the dressing has a chance to really marinate into the kale.
ENJOY! So so yummy. And don’t be intimidated when you look at the recipe, once you’ve made it a couple of times, it’s easy peasy.