This series is all about the Heart. Did you know that the heart has its own nervous system and it is constantly communicating with our brain? The heart produces an electromagnetic field that extends outwards from the body and influences our connection and communication with others and the living world. How we breathe, move, think and act can influence this heart-brain and impact every system in our body.
This series is an opportunity to learn practices to strengthen, soften, open and support the heart. We will build a foundation to listen deeply, release experiences of contraction and widen the energetic field of the heart space.
No mud, no lotus. Perhaps, many moments this year were a little muddier, a little less sweet. This series is a dedication to the “muddy moments” that enable our inner lotus to blossom with greater conviction and purpose than ever before.
June marks the beginning of Summer. In Chinese Medicine, this season is all about the element Fire, which according to this ancient healing tradition, resides in the heart space. These practices will fuel the heart fire and awaken our own inner medicine of compassion, loving-kindness, and joy.
This series will include:
- Invigorating experiences to awaken fire, life force and activate the heart
- Purposeful pranayama (breathing techniques) and mudras (hand gestures) to engage heart energy
- Gentle movements and stretches to open chest, shoulders & upper back
- Education on how to work with Fire energy according the Chinese Medicine philosophy
- Meditation techniques to calm the mind so the heart voice can be heard
- education on the biological, emotional and spiritual aspects of the heart
Dates: Wednesdays 7:15pm - 8:30pm
June 9th - 30th
Cost: $65 / $55 member
Location: Zoom (links will be send out an hour before each session)
Can't make it? All participants registered for this class will be sent a link to view a replay valid for 72 hours.