- 1 1/2 frozen bananas (I like to buy extra bananas, let them ripen well (but not yet brown) and then peel and
- store in the freezer to use in smoothies)
- 2 tbsps shelled hemp seeds (great source of protein and omega-3 & 6 fat)
- 1 tbsp almond butter (or any kind of nut butter)
- 1/2 tbsp of coconut oil
- 1 tbsp of raw cacao nibs (an incredible superfood -high in antioxidants, iron and so much more!)
- 1 cup of almond milk
- Few dashes of coconut water (if I have some, I always add to my smoothies, since I don’t like the taste on it’s own)
- Tiny dash of vanilla
- Couple of ice cubes
Toss these all the in blender and mix well.
Fats in the morning help me feel full and satisfied for hours. Kids especially need fats to fuel their brains to help with learning and attention before school. This is one that even the pickiest of eaters will enjoy!