A Quiet Practice with Kathryn Flynn
Yin & Mellow Yoga Training
A Quiet Practice: Yin & Mellow Yoga Training
Thursday February 21st to Sunday February 24th
with Kathryn Flynn
Yoga sheds light into the depth of our inextricable bodymind connection, so when we are willing to be still in our bodies, we better cultivate stillness for our minds. It’s a young yoga practice that draws on ancient wisdom, and this training honours both old and new knowledge so you can practice with greater clarity and purpose.
Suitable for experienced yoga practitioners and teachers / teachers in training looking to delve into offering Yin Yoga, we will explore Yin and complementary practices.
Over the course of 4 days we’ll cover:
- Why Yin?
- The Physiology of Stretch and Fascia
- Skeletal Anatomy Relevant to Yin
- History, Culture + Players of Yin Yoga
- Introduction to Meridians Theory
- Ayurvedic Lens on Yin Yoga
- Teaching Methods for a Healing Atmosphere
- Yin Sequences for Beginners and Advanced Practices
- Supportive + Advanced Posture Prop Use
- Reflective Homework for Practice and Teaching Development
Participants with a 200-Hour Yoga Teacher Certification will earn a Yin Yoga Teaching Certificate and 32 hours of Continuing Education Units for Yoga Alliance.
This module is a part of the 300 hour advanced yoga teacher training program.
Date: Thursday Feb. 21st – Sunday Feb. 24th
Time: 4 days, 9am – 5pm
Investment: $550, includes manual