This recipe is my go-to! It’s gluten-free, vegan and so tasty!
I have a major sweet-tooth and don’t want to deprive myself, or my kids, so as much as possible we try to make our own treats. These double as an awesome gift when visiting friends over the holidays – I always get asked for the recipe. 🙂
Almond Power Cookies
– Meghan Telpner
- 1 1/2 cups ground almonds
- 1/2 cup pecans finely chopped (I grind up a bunch in my food processor & keep extra on hand)
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut (unsweetened)
- 1/4 maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries (optional)
- 1/4 cup mini-chocolate chips (I use dairy free)
- pinch of sea salt
Preheat the oven to 350. Mix all the ingredients together. Take a heaping tablespoon of dough, roll it into a ball and then flatten just a little on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake until aromatic and slightly browned (only slightly – this is key!) at the edges (about 18-20 minutes). Let them cool. Enjoy!