Reopening Health + Safety
Your health and safety is our top priority
Updated July 14th, 2021
Covid Policies & Protocols
Based on Ottawa’s current status, Yogatown can safely operate in Stage 3 with some restrictions in place, including mandatory masks (except while practicing yoga on your mat) and a 2m distance between yogis while practicing.
Some important things to note…
In accordance with the provincial government mandate, as of Wednesday, September 22nd everyone practicing yoga at Yogatown must provide proof of full vaccination.
You are not considered to be fully vaccinated until 14 days after your second dose.
You can provide proof of vaccination to our front desk staff or email your proof of vaccination to firstname.lastname@example.org and your profile will be updated for all future visits.
Individuals can provide proof of vaccination by downloading or printing their vaccine receipt from the provincial booking portal, or by calling the Provincial Vaccine Booking Line at 1-833-943-3900.
Your email address and the name on your vaccination receipt must match those on your Yogatown profile.
Providing proof of vaccination in advance of visiting the studio will save time and make your class sign-in much smoother for you and our staff.
Yogatown will not keep vaccination records on file. Once your profile has been updated, your email and vaccination information will be deleted.
This government mandated policy is in addition to those policies already in place at Yogatown, such as staff and teacher self-screening, deep cleaning, medical grade disinfecting, masking, social distancing, and more. For additional details regarding our Covid policies, please continue reading below.
Change rooms are open with social distancing guidelines and showers are open for those who require them. However, we still encourage Townies to come changed and ready to practice whenever possible.
Cubbies will be available in our lobby space for small bags and belongings.
Registration & Cancellation Policies
Classes will resume Monday, July 19th with pre-registration beginning 3 days in advance of class. You can register using your Yogatown app or at myyogatown.com.
Due to limited class sizes, we will firmly enforce our late cancellation and no show policy. Please read the policy carefully before signing up for any classes. All cancellations within 8 hours or no shows will be charged our $20 late cancel/no show fee.
The safety of our community has always been our top priority, and we’re even more focused on it now.
As we reopen our studios, we will also continue to implement the changes that were previously made – all designed to keep our Townies, staff, teachers, and volunteers safe.
Please read about all of our updated policies and procedures below and ensure you are aware of your responsibilities.
- We will run our air exchange systems throughout the day to provide plenty of fresh air in our studios.
- Social distancing markers and hand sanitizer stations have been placed throughout the studio.
- Change rooms are open, however we encourage all Townies to come dressed and ready for class when possible.
- Lockers or cubbies are available in the lobby area for your belongings.
- Toilets are available for use.
- Tea stations and water fountains are closed. Please bring water with you for class, or you can purchase water from our front desk at check-in.
- We will use a hospital grade disinfectant proven to kill viruses like COVID-19 in all common areas before and after every class.
- Special attention will be given to cleaning our yoga rooms and all high-touch surfaces such as doorknobs, handles, rails, light switches, lockers, bathrooms, etc.
Staff & Teacher Requirements
All staff, teachers, and volunteers will:
- Wear a mask or will be separated from Townies by a plexiglass screen.
- Follow social distancing guidelines.
- Wash their hands thoroughly with soap or hand sanitizer before and after class.
- Will do a health screening prior to visiting Yogatown to ensure they are not experiencing any Covid-19 symptoms or other signs of illness.
- You must pre-register for class. No walk-ins allowed.
- As of September 22, 2021, everyone taking yoga class must provide proof of vaccination as per provincial government mandate.
Doors will open 10-15 minutes before class.
- Townies must wear a mask while in our studio, but according to City & Provincial policies you can remove your mask while practicing yoga. Please leave your mask on until you are laying on your mat.
- Townies can do a touchless check-in using your keytag.
- There is to be no loitering in the studio or change rooms.
- No latecomers will be allowed to enter class.
- Townies will be asked to put their masks back on and exit the studio following class so we can do our deep cleaning prior to the next class.
Rentals & Retail
- There will be no mat rentals or props available. Please bring your own mat, towel and props, or you can purchase your own from our front desk at check-in.
- Townies interested in purchasing retail clothing or other items can do so following class.
- Our class sizes have been reduced to allow for social distancing.
- Preset mat locations are spaced a minimum of 2 meters from each other, based on a standing position at the top of your mat. This is in accordance with government guidelines.
- Masks are required in our lobby space, but you are permitted to remove your mask during yoga class according to government policy. Please leave your mask on until you are laying on your mat.
- Teachers will lead class from a stationary position at the front of the room.
- There will be no hands on adjustments.
- No blocks or other props will be provided. Teachers will lead classes that do not require props, however you can bring your own props if you would like.
Registration & Cancellation Policies
- Townies must pre-register for classes. No walk-ins allowed.
- All class schedules are live on our website and Yogatown app. You can sign up 3 days prior to class.
- Registration opens 3 days in advance of all classes, and closes 30 minutes before class.
- To allow as many Townies to practice as possible, we will firmly enforce our cancellation policy.
- Cancellations will only be accepted up until 8 hours prior to class, and late cancellations will be subject to our $20 late cancel/no show fee.
- Our waitlist policies remain unchanged. If you keep yourself on the waitlist, please be prepared to come to class.
- Come ready for class – dressed for yoga, with water, a mat, towel, and any props you may want.
- Follow our floor markers and respect all social distancing guidelines.
- Do not visit the studio if you or anyone you have come in contact with is experiencing Covid-19 or flu like symptoms.
- Do not visit the studio if you you have traveled outside of Canada, until you have completed your required quarantine period.
- Masks are required in all common areas—that means face coverings must be worn any time you are not on your yoga mat.
We’re taking precautions to keep all of our Townies safe, however if you still feel reluctant to visit the studio there are class alternatives.
We will continue to offer live Zoom classes, with replays available for 48 hours. You can register for these live virtual classes on our website or app. Simply look for the “virtual” class description.
You can also practice with us on our Yogatown Online on-demand class platform.
We’re Here for You
Yogatown will continue to monitor government guidelines and Townie feedback.
The safety of our community has always been a top priority, and we’re even more focused on it now.
If you have any questions or concerns, please email us at email@example.com.
Please watch your inbox and follow us @myyogatown.com for future updates.