with Kathryn Flynn December 5 & 6, 2020
Experience Yin Yoga
Yoga sheds light into the depth of our inextricable mind-body connection, so when we are willing to be still in our bodies, we better cultivate stillness for our minds. Yin Yoga is a young yoga practice that draws on ancient wisdom, and this training honours both old and new knowledge so you can practice with greater clarity and purpose.
This weekend is for practitioners and teachers looking to taste yin practice, complementary practices (including self-massage), and some history and philosophy.
- Ask “why yin?”: the physiology of stretch and biotensegrity
- History, culture + players of Yin Yoga
- Introduction to meridians theory
- Ayurvedic lens on Yin Yoga
- Supportive + advanced posture prop use, so you have options to practice with in the future
For participants who also do the Teach Yin Yoga weekend, you will receive a 32 hour Yin Yoga Teacher Training certificate and can use these hours as your Yoga Alliance Continuing Education Units.
Date: December 5 & 6, 2020
Time: 9am – 5pm
Investment: $275 + HST
Available for Yoga Alliance CEP credits.