with Kathryn Flynn September 19 & 20, 2020
Core Anatomy + Pranayama
Core work and pranayama are so beautifully linked that after this weekend you may overhaul your whole approach to practice.
This weekend we will…
- Examine the anatomy of breath work and core, from the diaphragm to the pelvic floor
- Explore various pranayama techniques and identify challenges to practice and how to overcome them
- Explore complementary approaches, including self-massage, to breathing and moving skillfully
- Move through practices that support skillful pranayama, and go through the many, many therapeutic benefits to skillful pranayama
- Chart a practical progression for ourselves to take home and work on
Core work and skillful pranayama are two of the most important and most misunderstood elements of a yoga practice. With proximity to the fitness industry, yoga often borrows from Pilates and gym culture, because the classical abdominal strengthening work of yoga was deemed too fringe or advanced. What’s resulted is the continued belief that a hard, flat abdomen is desirable, when we want our abdominal muscles to be both strong and supple. Join us to get steady and calm at centre!
Date: September 19 & 20, 2020
Time: 9am – 5pm
Investment: $275 + HST
Available for Yoga Alliance CEP credits.