Next module begins June 7th with Kathryn Anne Flynn
300 Hour Advanced Yoga Teacher Training
Open House Information Sessions with Kathryn:
June 1 – City of OM (Lansdowne) – 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
Thursday June 20 – Stittsville – 6:45 pm
Thursday June 27 – Preston – 6:15 pm
Our personal and teaching practices are transformative processes that require time for techniques and ideas to reveal their full brilliance. Once we have fully integrated a practice, it’s time to add new fuel through study and studentship. For students who have completed an approved 200 hour Yoga Teacher Training program, the 300 hour program will offer detailed depths that build on that foundation.
The 300 hour program is comprised of 270+ contact hours and 30 non-contact hours distributed between modules and their corresponding homework that can be completed at your chosen pace. Many participants take the long view, though you could complete the program in a little over two years, if you chose. Modules are offered regularly in 2 and 4 day formats, and occasionally with online components. The full details of the format are available in the Information Package.
This program will be Yoga Alliance certified so that anyone who completes the program has the option to take their 300 Hour intelligent edge yoga Teacher Training certificate and submit it to Yoga Alliance and register as an RYT-500.
Headed by Kathryn Anne Flynn – yoga teacher, movement expert, Ayurveda enthusiast – the program also hosts guest teachers in the program to enrich our conversations! Guest teachers include Geoff Outerbridge, Mona Warner, Barrie Risman, Michael Dynie, Erin Bidlake, and more.
Get to know Kathryn through her Podcast!
A module-based approach allows for students to complete the program at their own pace, taking 2 – 5 years to complete. Modules are offered in 2 and 4 day formats. Some of The Modules in the 300 Hour Program include Understanding Moving Bodies + Efficient, Accessible Yoga, Core + Pranayama Immersion, and Sangha: Integrating Philosophy… The full list of Modules is available in the 300 Hour Information Package available by request, and all upcoming modules are open for registration.
Full module descriptions are available in the Information Package, but they are grouped into the three categories that honour a few of the important spectrums of practice: Movement + Stillness, Individual + Community, and Sound + Silence.
Movement + Stillness Modules
- Understanding Moving Bodies + Efficient Accessible Yoga Sequencing (intelligent edge yoga method)
- Shoulders + Upper Immersion
- Hips + Lower Immersion
- Pranayama + Core Immersion
- Yin + Mellow Yoga
- Ayurvedic Yoga
- Chair Yoga + Wisdom Years Yoga
Individual + Community Modules
- Ayurveda Foundations
- Continuing Ayurveda
- Breathing Life into Your Practice: Pranayama + Philosophy
- Women’s Yoga + Ayurveda
- Sangha: Integrating Philosophy
- Svadhyaya: Personal Study Module *** this module is done on your own
- Growing Your Teaching Practice (“Business of Yoga”)
- Hands-On Enhancements
Sound + Silence Modules
- Teaching Methods: Cueing, Mantra + Chant
- Yoga Nidra
- Restorative Yoga
- Advanced Pranayama + Meditation
- Review the Information Package.
- Complete the Application Form linked below.
- Have an informal interview with Kathryn, because mindfulness is intimacy and I’d like to know you.
- Pay the registration fee that covers administration costs of the program.
- Unsuccessful applications will be refunded their registration fee in full.
Download the Application Form here.