SOLD OUT Waitlist Open
200 hour Teacher Training – Fall 2019
Begins September 20, 2019.
SOLD OUT – Waitlist open!
A yoga teacher training is the finest education in knowing yourself with compassion, cultivating a resilient body, and achieving mental clarity. This multifaceted exploration of the practice of living and teaching yoga will engage you in a process of aligning with your highest self.
The part time yoga teacher training program is excellent for balancing education alongside family and work obligations, as well as optimal digestion of the content. Small doses over a longer period of time sets an excellent foundation for ongoing practice and teaching.
As experiential and uniquely special as the yoga teacher training process is, here are some of the concrete things you will also learn…
- Posture and Movement Clinics that demystify “classic” yoga postures and emphasize a functional movement approach to yoga classes for accessible, effective practice
- Macro and micro frameworks of anatomy relevant to the practice and teaching of yoga
- Ayurveda, the sister science to yoga that encourages living in harmony with nature and honouring seasonal changes
- Yoga philosophy, including texts, concepts and engaging them for living an ethics-based spirituality
- History of yoga, how it evolved in India and its journey to North America
- Modern yoga culture and Business of Yoga
- Hands-On enhancements and adjustments
- Communications and Effective Cueing
- Art of Sequencing Yoga classes
- Meditation and its benefits
- And much, much more…
This program is a healthful and nourishing blend of pragmatic methodology, discussion and exploration, creativity and practice. This program is a healthful and nourishing blend of pragmatic methodology, discussion and exploration, creativity and practice. It is an exceptional foundational yoga education, and you will leave with experiences and insight that will benefit you for life. an exceptional foundational yoga education, and you will leave with experiences and insight that will benefit you for life.
Kathryn Anne Flynn is an old soul – a smart, warm, and occasionally humorous yoga teacher living in Ottawa, Canada. Recognized for her articulate and thoughtful voice in writing and teaching on yoga, Kathryn is known for weaving together philosophy, anatomy and Ayurveda (yoga’s lifestyle science), illuminating the complexities of these fields for practitioners and teachers alike. Students of many generations call her their teacher, drawn to her inclusivity and authenticity.
In classes, students love the atmosphere Kathryn creates that results in an efficient yet calm practice. In workshops and trainings, participants learn just how detailed the depth of her methods go. Seeing a need to help teachers hone their skills as facilitators, her trainings focus on refining information and practices so that we all continue to progress as students and teachers.
Kathryn is a 500 ERYT certified teacher of Ayurvedic Yoga, Honours Bachelors of Arts, and Masters of Arts in English, and has deep gratitude for her life’s blessings, including her family (especially baby Harvey), her dog Henry, and her forever-teacher, Mona Warner.
To learn even more about Kathryn, visit her website. Or check out her Podcast!
Dates and Time:
Each Teacher Training weekend consists of 3 days of programming running from 9 AM – 5 PM at Yogatown Stittsville.
Moderate hours and daytime education is excellent for energy levels and enjoyment of community.
- September 20/21/22, 2019
- October 18/19/20, 2019
- November 22/23/24, 2019
- December 6/7/8, 2019
- January 3/4/5, 2020
- February 21/22/23, 2020
- March 13/14/15, 2020
- April 24/25/26, 2020
- Participation in all training hours with any missed hours made up
- Fulfillment of course homework, which includes attendance of only 10 yoga classes, chosen at your own discretion and studio
- A practice teach that demonstrates integration of course material
- In-class presentation on a relevant topic related to the practice and study of yoga (examples: Neuroplasticity, Trauma-Sensitive Yoga, or Buddhism)
$3200 + hst, paid in full by September 19, 2019
$3400 + hst for payment plan (Please inquire)
$500 + hst non-refundable deposit is due with application.